Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I work as a team,you work as yourself...

Team...Group...Country.
As long as they are more than two people if you don't work AS a team facing a trial needing you to WORK with your team,as long as you don't work as team you won't succeed...

I was sick,having a flue.It actually makes you think react slower.You spaced out sometimes...
If you push yourself too hard you'll get a fever after that,your body is weak.
Does sleeping help you to recover? What do YOU think?
I'm guessing yes.
I had an assignment,a debate.I was having a flue.I was thinking if I didn't go I would miss a lot,
but my body is just too weak,even the slightest recovery I would go and attend the class.
And so I did,I recovered and I went to college.
I also took the chance to go to the Dispensary,since having a medicine would promote my recovery better than any commercial medicines.
Like usually,the flue pill makes people feel sleepy I missed quite a lot of things when learning Kanji.Can't concentrate and I can't sleep.

So time passes by.English class started a little bit late since we had a game in our moral class and it got dragged.Our assignment is to debate and our topic is "Beauty Pageant Do More Good Than Harm".We are the opposing team.So teacher gave the other hour to do our research after she explained how she will judge us.So they all went on and search...
I was looking at them,I was having a fever and flue at that time.I was thinking,shouldn't we discuss and organize before doing it?We MUST infact.We didn't even know who is going to be which speaker.We just met a couple of times only in the english class.

One of them went on wikipedia,keep reading....
They are reading the non-relevant topics too.I lastly said to them that one group search for the advantages and one group the disadvantages.So there seem to be a progress.I was too lazy caused by my tiredness to go and ask teacher every time.
I am the one that have to tell them what they SHOULD do.They can,in fact do by themselves but how can they know their points wont intercept? If they discussed it before they can save time since internet are not easily accessible here(In Uniten since not all people are rich enough to bring their own Laptop).Furthermore I was sick,efficient working is crucial.I have to get some rest.I need to remember my own points and their points too.I need to focus since I have to debate using the points given by the Government on the spot.

So it went well,we actually won.My first speaker,second and third did well,but not me.I help them too much.I was sleeping the day before but since the second speaker wants to come and discuss I don't know what.I woke up,I gave him an evidence to support his answer and even correct his sentence since he used a non-relevant word.Beauty Pageant does not relate to "sex object" I corrected him,I ask him to change it to ~ ~ "sexual attraction" but he still uses his original context.Luckily enough he used the evidence I gave which helps a lot.
The first and third did well,they searched for quite a lot but I helped them choose the good points :( They did quite good rebuttal the points from the government side).I totally screw up by supporting my rebuttal using history which is totally not related.It was my first time debating.Being the fourth speaker at the same time,its hard.Oh and I am DAMN nervous too.It was my first time speaking in front of the class.All the others get their chance to speak.Thus,increasing their confidence.For teacher I look like I was not ready,yes I am not "that" ready but one point she didn't notice I am nervous...
Nervous makes ALL the changes.I forget what I want to say.I started off badly.Luckily it went smoothly for the rebuttal against the second,third and fourth speaker of the opposing team.

My comment was the history thing which I accepted shamefully but yet normally.
Also "you looked like you are not prepared" which is just sad since she didn't know that I am sick and I just didn't have the spirit to tell or to talk to anyone at that time.
Why I didn't hve the spirit? Well it is simple,the third speaker of my time gives an "extra" comment about my speech.It is a useless one though,since the comment is "Don't you think your speech is the worst in our group?" and it ends with a giggle.Do you think it is actually funny to discourage people? NO!!!!

I will try my best to clear my name,next time.Next week to be precise enough.
I HAVE to be their leader.They are not doing anything to make the group work together.
They just discuss about the points but not coordinating about how the team in going to work.They only think about preparing THEMSELVES.I in the end was left unprepared.
They did not share the FACTS that is the MAIN "life source" of the fourth speaker!!
I was surprised when the third speaker spoke that the rate of people viewing the Beauty Pageant show had dropped from 9 to 3.2 billion viewers.

I wanted to say I had a great day,a great day my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment